The California State Library, in partnership with Infopeople, is pleased to offer an exciting professional development initiative - the Eureka! Leadership Program. The Program has been designed for professional librarians with between three and ten years of professional library experience, but is also open to those in library management positions who do not have an MLS. The Program is looking for California library staff who exhibit leadership potential and are willing to share with others their enthusiasm, optimism, and vision for future library services.
Each year, 32 people from libraries throughout California are selected, through a competitive application process, to take part in the Eureka! Leadership Institute, an intensive week-long training event. Check out this FAQ for more information on the Eureka! Leadership Institute.
There will be no Eureka! Leadership Institute in 2013 to allow for a schedule change that will shift the Institute from Fall to Spring. The schedule (tentative and dependent on grant funding approval) for the next Institute is as follows:
- October 2013: Institute dates are announced and application process is opened
- November 2013: Programs and applicant interviews at CLA
- December 1, 2013: Applications due
- Early January 2014: Selections are announced
- January-March 2014: Pre-Institute work
- March 19-24, 2014: Institute takes place
- April – May 2014: Fellows develop and submit grant applications
- June 2014 : Grant award letters are issued
- July 2014 – May 2015: Fellows implement projects
- October 2014: Encore event
- June 2015: Anniversary event